We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our successful and growing development team which is responsible for all aspects of our feature-rich online retail management system “Springboard”, including:
- In House CMS System and Online Store Software - including integration with Payment Gateways and Multiple Sales Channels including Amazon and eBay.
- Order Management and Fulfilment - saving our customers time and increasing efficiency including integration with Interlink, UPS and Other Postal Channels.
- Advanced In-House Stock Control System - allowing clients to accurately track their stock as it's purchased, integration with external stock systems such as drop shipping and EPOS systems.
- Online Advertising and Custom Analytics - collates important marketing data, calculates bids and identifies problems in order to continually improve client sales conversion rates.
- Custom Newsletters Module - enabling clients to create high quality professional email campaigns with ease.
This role is based in Hessle, East Yorkshire, at our open plan Spark Head Office. Semi-remote work possible for those that desire it. Minimum 1 day per fortnight working from our office in Hessle.
You will be working on a variety of tasks, mainly involving planning and writing web based software using PHP, MySQL, HTML & CSS to meet and exceed client demands and expectations. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the team - Attend daily meetings to make suggestions, solve problems, share ideas, identify tasks and set priorities.
- Building new features - within our existing e-commerce systems for use by a range of different business clients.
- Improve and enhance existing features - including speed and efficiency, usability improvements and rewriting/cleaning up older code.
- Solving problems - fixing bugs and figuring out what went wrong.
At Spark, we also run and administer our own servers, located in London and Brussels. As part of your role, you may also have the opportunity to get involved with any on-going running and maintenance as and when required.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 7 year's experience (work or otherwise) using both PHP and SQL.
- The ability to solve problems is key to the role. Having a logical mind that can work through a difficult situation with a calm head is vital.
- Confidence working and programming with PHP. If you have never used PHP before, or if you have only modified other people's PHP code (as opposed to writing your own), this is not the role for you.
- Familiarity with other programming languages, in particular those with web applications. Understanding common web protocols such as SOAP, AJAX, and CURL would also be beneficial.
- Understanding of other e-commerce systems and marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon will allow you to quickly get to grips with the flow of information through our systems and is therefore highly desirable.
This vacancy is open to all PHP developers who have the essential experience listed above. Salary will be between £34k-£42k based on your individual skills and experience.
We will consider applicants on all levels, whether you have no commercial experience, or have worked as PHP developer for many years.
Information for Recruitment Agencies